Mr. Aning ( Snr. Archivist)
The archival holdings comprise among others, the following categories of documents; court record books and dockets, native affairs files, minute books, account books, newspaper clippings, annual reports, maps, plans, and Asante stool histories. They include government gazettes, ordinances, acts, legislative instruments, local government bulletins, commercial and industrial bulletins and other government publications. The earliest records date back 1926 when Nana Agyeman Prempeh I was re-installed as Kumasihene, two years after he had returned from exile in the Seychelles.
Records grouping and classifications
The following records groups have been processed and are available for consultation:
1. Records of Kumasi Traditional Council (MAGI)
2. Records of the Asantehene's Private Secretary's Office (MAG 2)
3. Asantehene's Treasury office records (MAG 4)
4. Records of the Asantehene's Chief court Registrar's Office (MAG7)
5. Records of Kumasihene/Asantehene Native Court
6. Records of Asantehene's Court A2 (MAG9/A2)
7. Records of Asantehene's Court B (MAG10)
8. Records of Asantehene's Court B3 (MAG10/3)
9. Records of Asantehene's Court B4 (MAG10/4)
10. Records of Asantehene's Court B5 (MAG10/5)
11. Records of Asantehene's Court C (MAG11)
12. Records of Asantehene's Court D (MAG12) (Appam)
13. Records of the Asante Confederacy/Asanteman Council Records (MAG 21)
To facilitate their effective use the records of the above named offices have been classified.
The Holdings of Manhyia Archives (Current Class List) is the primary guide to the Manhyia Archives holdings. Users of the archives are reminded that more comprehensive list of records are available for consultation at the reading room.